Grand Theft Accessibility Documentation
Welcome to Grand theft Accessibility. A mod to add some accessibility features to Grand theft auto V. Please read this entire document before downloading GTA11Y. This document aims to cover most if not all possible questions you could have with the mod.
In order to use this mod you will need:
- A full retail version of Grand theft Auto V.
- .NET Framework 4.8 runtimes found
After downloading the gta11y.zip file, move it’s contents to your GTA V game directory. A few common locations for this can be:
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
make sure that you do not modify the location of any files. You will notice that some dll’s are in the root folder, and some DLL’s are in the scripts folder. This is by design. Do not change any dll locations.
The following sections describe in more detail particular features of the mod.
You can use the Nearby objects, doors, pedestrians, and vehicles keys to get more information about what is around you in your environment. In the case of objects and pedestrians, the mod consults a database of hash values to determine what the nearby item is. You will not receive a friendly name of the item, but will instead receive the game’s internal name. For example. a_m_m_tourist_01.
Positions are given in meters from the player and the direction from the player are absolute. This means regardless of which way you are facing, the cardinal direction will not change. Options may be added later for relative directions.
When enabled, you will hear beeps when your position above the ground changes. This is most common when jumping or if you step off of a ledge. These can be toggled in settings.
using the previous and next category and menu item keys, you can navigate the mod’s built-in menu. Categories consist of teleport, spawning vehicles, functions, and settings. Each item in these categories has been designed to be self-explanatory, so they will not be covered in this document. All settings are saved so that settings do not need to be adjusted between play sessions.
All keys use the Numpad located on the right hand side of your keyboard. At the moment, there is no alternate key layout for keyboards with no numpad.
- Numpad 0: Speaks current location.
- Control Numpad 0: Speaks current time.
- Numpad Delete: Speaks current facing direction
- Numpad 1: Previous menu item.
- Control Numpad 1 in Vehicles menu: Page Up.
- Numpad 2: Activate menu selection.
- Numpad 3: Next menu item.
- Control Numpad 3 in Vehicles menu: Page Down.
- Numpad 4: lists nearest vehicles.
- Numpad 5: Lists nearest doors.
- Numpad 6: Lists nearest pedestrians.
- Numpad 7: previous Menu Category.
- Numpad 8: Lists nearest objects.
- Numpad 9: Next menu Category.
How to get the Most out of the Mod
here are a few tips to increase your enjoyment of the mod.
- use a completed story save file. one can be found on the download page.
- Consider using some of the settings to give yourself invinsibility and to keep police from arresting you.
- for the best gaming experience, use a gamepad such as an Xbox One controler.
Questions and Comments
If you have questions about actually playing the game, please consider posting on a gaming group or forum