Course name: Programming in Python
Course by: Vision-aid
Course duration: around 20 weeks
Announcing – Programming in Python
An Exciting Program from Vision-Aid
Computer Programming Classes for the Visually Impaired (totally blind and low vision)
Applications open for October 2022 batch
Limited Enrolment. Apply soon!
Application closing date:
10th September 2022
Are you a visually impaired person, who wants to learn computer programming? Vision-Aid is announcing a new semester set to start in Oct 2022. After successfully teaching Python programming for the visually impaired over the last few years, we are thrilled to offer an even more comprehensive program this year. There have been changes in the program and admissions policy compared to the previous years. Please make sure you go through this message carefully.
About the Course
Students are introduced to computer science and programming concepts using Python, one of the most popular languages for getting started with computer programming. Students selected for the Vision-Aid program will learn from experts in the field using the best online learning resources. The classes will be offered over Zoom. The course will have assessment test, midterm and final exam. Students who complete the course will be awarded a Vision-Aid certificate in Python Programming.
Why should you join?
We believe in training the students such that they can become lifelong learners and reach their highest potential. Vision-Aid students have earned MOOC certificates from MIT, Stanford and the University of Michigan. Some have also secured excellent advanced learning and employment opportunities.
The Oct 2022 batch will start by Oct first week. The course will run for around 20 weeks. Depending on the pace of learning, students are usually known to complete the course within 15 to 16 weeks.
Vision-Aid is pleased to offer this course free of cost to the students. However, students are required to have their own laptops/computers and a good internet connection.
The mandatory prerequisites for applying for this course are:
- Desktop or laptop computer with reliable internet connectivity.
- Motivation and dedication.
- Discipline for focused learning and commitment to spend minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Commitment to pursue higher level courses in Python for at least two years to become job worthy for IT industries, for which Vision Aid will provide mentorship.
- Good communication skills.
Additional requirements that provide an advantage to applicants.
- Exposure to programming concepts
- Familiarity with other computer languages like C, C++
- Applications duly filled and submitted will be shortlisted based on prerequisites and desirable factors.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through a screening test for logical reasoning, basic mathematics and basic computer.
- Successful candidates from the screening test will be personally interviewed over the Zoom meeting app.
- Candidates who are selected after the interviews will be enrolled into the course.
Please note that this is an intense programming course. It will require a minimum of 10-15 hours of dedicated study and homework each week. Students who do not put in the required time and effort may find it very difficult to complete the course and master the concepts. Therefore, regular attendance and time commitment are very important. A student should apply to the course only if they are sure they can invest the needed time for the entire duration of the course. Once admitted a student MUST commit to attending all classes regularly without exception. Any student who misses more than 2 classes without prior written permission from the trainer/teaching assistant may be automatically dropped from the course and asked to reapply for the next round of classes. In that case, someone on the waitlist will be allotted their seat.
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Note that the demand for the course in prior semesters has been strong, so apply soon to avoid the waiting list.
want to share similar kind of information to us
email us to